The legal issues surrounding 儿童安全要求 are perhaps the most important 对于一个ny parent. Laws such as the Child Safety Protection Act (CSPA) compel designers and manufacturers to make and release toys and games that are safe for children. 仍然, hundreds of dangerous toys are on the American market, and some of them inevitably get to the toy shelves in local stores.
The National SAFE Kids Campaign, a global advocacy group created to ensure the safety of products geared towards children, compiled statistics that included how many children are hurt every year by toys that are unsafe for children. 在最近一项研究中, they concluded that over 120,000 children in the United States alone are injured due to unsafe toys.
The National SAFE Kids Campaign distinguishes several classes of toys that they find as particularly unsafe:
- Projectile toys, such as darts, that are either thrown or launched are particularly dangerous. Darts obviously can cause serious injuries, particularly if they strike an eye or penetrate unprotected soft tissue. 还有其他的玩具, 然而, 比如bb枪, 瓶火箭, and others that also can cause serious injury.
- 含铅玩具, mercury or other heavy metals are dangerous, especially for toddlers who may swallow or otherwise ingest them. Lead and mercury poisoning can cause 脑损伤 as well as injuries to other vital organs such as the kidneys.
- Toys that make high levels of noise can cause hearing damage, and include explosive rockets, toys that make high-decibel noises, 甚至ipod.
- Explosives and toy firearms can cause serious injury or death. Firecrackers, cap guns, and other "play" explosives can cause fires or 伯恩斯. 作为附加的危险, older toy guns without the orange caps can cause a child to get in trouble with the law, or even to be mistaken 对于一个n armed intruder. There have been cases where a children have been shot and killed by police when brandishing a toy firearms.
- 有长长的带子的玩具, 字符串, 或绳索, 如套索, 长弹性橡皮筋, 超弦, and other such toys can choke children, leading to serious injury or even death.
- Smaller toys that can fit into an infant's or toddler's mouth as well as toys with small pieces present a choking hazard for younger children
- Toys with irregular shapes or toys with sharp edges -- These can also be choking hazards in young children, and they can cause cutting injuries.
- Toys that have irregular shapes or that have sharp edges can also be choking hazards for younger children, or can even cause cutting or slicing injuries.
If an unsafe toy or other child's product has caused injury to your child or the child of a loved one, you need to contact Phoenix personal injury lawyers to ensure 充分和公平的补偿. The experienced team at 丈夫 and 妻子的法律团队 want to help. We have served the greater Phoenix metropolitan area for over a dozen years, and our priority is customer service. We work on a contingency basis and also provide 免费咨询 为潜在客户.
- This Season’s Dangerous Toys (and 产品责任)
- Tip-Over 死亡s Pose Serious Risks for Young Children
- Child Safety Protection Act Fact Sheet
在一次 免费的咨询服务, we will look at the important aspects of your case, 回答你的问题, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by 马克·布雷耶.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney 马克·布雷耶