Distracted driving has quickly become one of the most dangerous actions a driver can take on the roads around 图森. 无论是打电话, 与乘客争吵, 或者吃食物, distracted driving can result in a driver losing control of his or her vehicle and causing serious collisions. 在如此毁灭性的事故之后, it is important to talk about your injuries with an experienced 图森 distracted driving accident attorney to learn how you can receive compensation.
If you were injured in a distracted driving accident, contact our team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. We have long stood by distracted driving accident victims and fought to get them the highest possible awards in 人身伤害索赔s. We will handle every aspect of your accident claim so that you can focus on recovering. To speak to the Husband and 妻子的法律团队 in a 免费的咨询服务, call us at (520) 624-4228.
Distracted driving is any activity that diverts the driver’s attention away from operating the vehicle. It happens when drivers take their eyes off the road, 他们的手离开方向盘, 和他们的思想离开驾驶. Texting is a particularly alarming form of driver distraction because it requires visual, 手册, 和认知的关注. It takes a driver’s eyes off the road for five seconds to read or send a text. 当汽车以每小时55英里的速度行驶时, that is equivalent to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed. Distracted driving greatly increases the risk of accidents, injuries, and death.
在美国的每一天.S., approximately eight people die in traffic accidents involving distracted drivers, as reported by 疾病预防控制中心. 司机分心导致大约3人死亡,每年000人, and one out of five of those fatalities are not motor vehicle occupants. In the most recent year for which statistics are available, 分心驾驶受伤400人,000人.
Many states have taken steps to help prevent distracted driving. 一些国家禁止开车时发短信, while others have banned hand-held cell phone use while driving. 在十大彩票游戏平台, it is against the law to talk or text on a cell phone while driving or use a stand-alone electronic device (tablet, 游戏设备, 等.)，除非设备处于免提模式. The following actions are prohibited, while driving, as stated by the 十大彩票游戏平台公共安全部:
- 用手拿着或支撑着一个装置, 依偎在你的肩膀上, 或者你身体的任何部位
- Sending, reading, or writing messages through a portable communication device
- Using any device that requires use of the body and causes a distraction
尽管它可以导致任何类型的碰撞, the following are frequently associated with distracted driving:
- 追尾事故: This type of accident occurs when a vehicle crashes into the vehicle in front. Rear-end accidents can range from minor to serious or fatal, depending on the speed of impact and other factors. 它们会引起鞭伤, 头部受伤, 脊髓损伤, 面部受伤, 还有下肢受伤.
- 丁字牛排事故: Distracted drivers are more likely to be involved in side-impact collisions. This type of accident occurs when a vehicle hits another vehicle perpendicularly, in the side. 丁字牛排事故 happen frequently at intersections when distracted drivers fail to yield when turning or run red lights or stop signs. Head, neck, back, pelvic, abdominal, and chest injuries are common in side-impact collisions.
- 正面碰撞: Driver distraction can result in head-on collisions, in which two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide head-on. Someone texting while driving could veer into oncoming traffic. Other types of driver distraction, such as checking maps or GPS, can also lead to head-on accidents.
Your best chance of recovering full and fair compensation after a serious distracted driving accident is to have an experienced attorney by your side. Insurance companies are in business for profit and will not help you recover the amount you deserve. 我们的 图森车祸律师 可以调查你的事故, 取得责任证据, 评估你的全部损失, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
丈夫 and 妻子的法律团队 at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. has a 10/10 client satisfaction rating and has been named among the Top Valley Lawyers in North Valley Magazine. 如果你把案子交给我们, we will use all of our expertise to fight to get you proper compensation for your injuries. 调用 us at (520) 624-4228 to schedule a 咨询 and get started on your 人身伤害索赔.
在一次 免费的咨询服务, 我们会看一下你案子的重要方面, 回答你的问题, 并清楚地解释你的合法权利和选择. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by 马克·布雷耶.